Sunday, January 23, 2011

When we go to Mali...



Tonight Harley asked me if we were going to see friends from France again... 'I don't know Harley... I hope we do.' So then she flipped through a book she was looking at and smiled... 'Can I bring this with me to Mali?'... Oh the confused mind of this girl... her world is so big, so small and so confused... I have explained many times the geographical logistics of where we are and where we were, but it is not in her head. Then later she asked me, 'Can we have lots of parties here like we did in France?' Oh the priorities of my daughter. Every other day she asks me if it is a party day so she can dress up... we were invited to a Baptem, (A baby dedication party that lasts all day) this weekend and she is SO excited! I hope it meets up to her expectations...

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'd forgotten Harley has her own blog. Thanks for the reminder! What a fun girly-girly who's not too prissy you have! :) I look forward to getting to know her better in the next few years!

MaryLou said...

Bon jour HarleyJoy! I am so excited to see you put some new stuff on your blog...well, thanks to your Mom! It is neat to see pix from her b'day party. How I wish I could see what she sees...and not bother and worry about the things that never even cross her mind! God bless you as you lead and guide her on this journey...life!

Janou said...

Harley Joy, I love seeing the things you are doing in your new home in Kadiolo. Looks like you are having fun, too! I'm glad all of you are feeling better after being sick. Precious girl--I know you will enjoy growing up in Africa as much as your mom did. You have her same adventurous spirit. I love you today, my sweet girl. Love from your Janou.